The Tony Awards were this past Sunday. I watch them every year, for a variety of reasons — I attended the ceremony once, I used to date a guy who later won one, I loved good theater when I lived in New York, and I’m addicted to awards shows. However, I’ve long suspected that this particular awards show draws a very limited audience. (Plus, this year I believe there was some sporting event or another going on.) So, because I’m curious:
1) Were you aware that the Tony Awards were coming up? If yes, proceed to question 2.
2) Did you care? If yes, proceed to question 3.
3) Did you watch the telecast? If yes, proceed to question 4.
4) Are you heterosexual? If yes, proceed to question 5.
5) Are you sure? If yes, proceed to question 6.
6) Are you employed by any of the 40 theaters that count as “Broadway” theaters? If no, proceed to question 7.
7) Are you a close friend or family member of any of the nominees?
If your answers are yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, and no, why did you watch the show? (I’m genuinely curious.)