Weekend!

Well, last week had the baby born in what was probably the last baby born for the tribe (next one on the schedule is in 10ish years or so and will be a “grandbaby”… not that the schedule is worth a dang, of course). As I paced around the waiting room watching the nephews make pixel paintings in Excel (did you know that’s a thing? That’s, apparently, a thing), I thought about how, hey, we haven’t been to a wedding in a while.

So, Sunday, we’re going to a wedding. I mean, yeah, we were invited back in December, but it’s one of those things that make you realize “hey, I’m middle-aged!”

Which is a lot less stressful than I thought it would be back when I was in my teens.

So… what are you doing this weekend?

20 thoughts on “Weekend!

1. Lost Angeles County air show! I saw the Blue Angels practicing for a few miles north of my house just the day before yesterday. Normally this is USAF territory but the Navy is invading the airspace until Sunday.

2. Vegas, baby! Vegas!

This will probably be the last trip we’ll be able to take Lain in her current car seat. Afterwards, things get complicated because Clancy wants another back-facing one and the standard in the US is front-facing. The backfacing ones don’t have stroller converters. So we may end up getting two. (Yes, yes, FWP)

3. Double-date (plus baby) tonight. Then I’m off to Boston for a job interview. Will be staying with a friend and spending the evening with Scotch, cigars, grilled meat, and tourney action. Then back home on Sunday to prep for a return to work after two weeks off.

• Date was great.

I think the interview went well. It’s for a position that would represent a pretty big jump for me… one I’m not really qualified for on paper. I was somewhat surprised I got called in. During the conversation, they indicated to me that they noted my lack of on-paper experience but were blown away by my cover letter and other parts of my resume. I was apparently a unanimous choice to bring in for the preliminary round. Provided I represented myself at least as well in person as I did on paper — something I think I am inclined to do — I should stand a decent shot of getting called back for the next round. Fingers crossed.

An earlier phone interview for a teaching position has yielded a call back for a demo lesson. Gears are turning, thankfully, but still lots of pieces to fit into place.

4. I had the flu for five days this week. Today feels like my Monday, even though I worked a few half days this week. (Yep, I’m the selfish person that comes to work sick because I need to get my stuff done.) My mother’s birthday is this week and my little brother is in town!!! I’ll hang with the family, get my hair done, and have a big family dinner at a local Mexican food restaurant Sunday night. I’m sooooo happy the flu is gone.

5. homework, gaming, wedding.

i just had an “easy week” (spring break, though i still worked all week and taught a class at my internship), and I’m even more exhausted than i was before. my body kinda went, YAY RESTING… wait y u no rest? and now it’s engaging in soldiering, or work-to-rule, or something. bleh. so I will probably spend a lot of the weekend in bed.

6. My son is flying into town. I have not seen him since right after Christmas, since he stayed in Florida back to finish the school year. He will be spending Spring Break here in Texas, and I have the week off, so we should be doing lots of stuff. I have not made any specific plans, though.

7. Let’s see…

The son is spending his first night away from the house and all he is familiar with as his aunties are taking him for a night.

Mom & I will be using the abundant free time to clean the garage.

My gaming machine is getting the Windows 8 upgrade (grudgingly, but I can’t find my Win 7 disk). After that, there will be gaming.

8. Tonight, go to bed early and recover from last nights flight home from Ottawa.

Tomorrow afternoon and night, a Spring equinox potluck and dance thing at a yoga studio – I would say “exactly as hippy-dippy as that sounds” but it will probably be slightly more so.

Sunday the usual bike workshop volunteer shift.

Somewhere in there, get the new home network ready to go for Tuesday’s appointment with the tech from the new ISP

• Was it the hippiness of the event that made you sad, or the impression I was dissing the hippiness?

It sounds awesome to me too. Previous years’ editions of these events (they do them at the start of Autumn, Winter, and Spring generally as full-weekend gathering out of town) have been wonderful. I consider myself at least somewhat hippy-dippy, and the group of friends who put these on can definitely dip with the hippest of them.