1) There is a “musical” group called LMFAO.
2) They are responsible for that horrid “I work out” song, of which I have heard occasional snippets over the past few months. Its real name seems to be “I’m Sexy and I Know It,” rampant inanity being an irresistible aphrodisiac amongst kids these days.
2a) That song features lyrics about tanning one’s buttocks at the beach.
3) That song has topped Billboard’s ringtone chart.
3a) Apparently Billboard is now charting ringtones. (I advise you to keep your eyes peeled for horsemen in the sky.)
4) The above are sufficiently newsworthy to justify coverage of the song on “Morning Edition.”
5) I would rather listen to an endlessly repeating loop of two angry cats in a sack than ten seconds of “I’m Sexy and I Know It,” and I will curse the memory of Alexander Graham Bell every time I hear that ringtone.