This week’s movie quotes quiz is sponsored by an actor. Flipping around the teevee last night I came across one of his movies right when the first quote in the quiz was being uttered. And I said to myself, “Oh, (such and so)’s movies! Awesome, a theme! Except not all quotes by the same actor, that would be too easy.”
So these are all lines that were said by somebody to a character played by this actor. As per usual, rot13 your guesses in the comments if you have ’em.
- I’m ready to kick your ass out of the world, war hero.
- You’re gonna have to sleep sometime, MacReady.
- You’re kidding me… right? This is our first day, Herb. We’ve got a week of this. What about the advisory staff? Aren’t they supposed to have a say in this?
- A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.
- Well, Stuntman Mike, I’m Butterfly. My friend Jungle Julia over here says the jukebox inside is pretty impressive.
- I’m not… not here, or anywhere else… and you couldn’t catch me if I was. Try the sand dabs.
- He was a candidate… your responsibility! You shouldn’t have had him up there in the first place! You burned him, Steven!
- Shut up, Mr. Burton. You were not brought upon this Earth to “get it”.
- Well, that would have been an excellent reason to shoot everyone!
- If we see anything unusual… an unmarked car or truck, or if we see you talking to anyone who even remotely smells like a cop… well, you can just keep your f#$@ing money, Jeff, and I’ll keep your wife. And I’ll mail you pieces of her from time to time.
And our answers this week:
- Yrr Ina Pyrrs, Unhx, Rfpncr Sebz Arj Lbex
- Xrvgu Qnivq, Puvyqf, Gur Guvat
- Abnu Rzzrevpu, Penvt, Zvenpyr
- Iny Xvyzre, Qbp Ubyvqnl, Gbzofgbar
- Inarffn Sreyvgb, Neyrar, Qrngu Cebbs
- Zry Tvofba, Qnyr ZpXhffvp, Grdhvyn Fhaevfr
- Jvyyvnz Onyqjva, Oevna, Onpxqensg
- Wnzrf Ubat, Qnivq Yb Cna, Ovt Gebhoyr Va Yvggyr Puvan
- Wnzrf Fcnqre, Qe. Wnpxfba, Fgnetngr
- W.G. Jnyfu, Erq, Oernxqbja
Because of #2, I know who the guy is.
I’m even irritated because I’ve seen, like, *ALL* of his movies.
I just can’t recall any of them.
Six and Nine are the hard ones.
Got it from #5 only. And I’ve seen at least half.
Patrick, if you’re willing to dole out free professional advice, I’m considering clickers for the first time and would be interested to know your opinion of their value. If you are willing, you can email me at blindedphilosopher at gmail.
Though 4 was gnawing at me with its familiarity, I didn’t get who the common theme was until 7, but even then I had to think, is it that guy who’s been in a ton of movies, or *that* guy who’s been in ton of movies? But once I figured it out, I was able to back solve about half the rest of the list. (character names are my weakest things in these quizes)
I kept looking for quotes from Gur Pbzchgre Jber Graavf Fubrf, Bireobneq, naq Fbyqvre but couldn’t find any.
So maybe I got #2 wrong.
Abar bs gubfr ner ba gurer. Lbh’ir tbg gur evtug npgbe, gub.
Huh. Maybe I haven’t seen all of his films then.
Comments are closed.