The corpse of the McCain campaign isn’t even cold yet. And all of these Republican politicians already have speaking engagements in Iowa in the very near future, or are in the process of lining them up:
- Bobby Jindal, the Governor of Louisiana.
- Sarah Palin, the Governor of Alaska and recent Vice-Presidential candidate.
- Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas and former Presidential candidate.
- Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts and former Presidential candidate. (Gov. Romney is also sucking up to the right-wing intelligentsia on an exclusive and expensive cruise ship.)
- Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida and brother of the incumbent President.
No non-Iowan politician goes to Iowa by accident or by coincidence. I have not yet found leads about Rudy! or Mark Sanford going to Iowa, but I wouldn’t be surprised about them, either.
imo, romney will be the new face of the republican party.
the republicans have got to stay away from white male evangelicals and southern white males as future nominees. in order to re-invent themselves, the republicans really need to step outside of the box. a family values mormon isn’t too far outside the box, but it’s a start.palin is simply a female george bush. if the republicans choose another female it should be a female ceo.
Comments are closed.