Texas and Arizona have 7 of the top 52 in the contiguous United States. Georgia has five. California has four. Colorado, Oklahoma and Virginia have three. Alabama, Kentucky, Montana, and Tennessee have 2. Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, and Ohio have one.
Hints so far:
– If Canada were included, some provinces would have dominated the list.
– North Dakota and South Dakota not only fall short of having any outside the top 52, but their biggest is outside the top 140 or so.
– The top ten, in order, are located in: Florida, Montana, Montana, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, California, Texas, Virginia.
– There is a reason that Hawaii and Alaska were excluded.
– Alaska has four above the one in Florida. Canada has twelve (four in Quebec, four in Ontario, three in Nova Scotia, and one in Manitoba.)
– Ranking relates to size, top being the largest.